The Cineroid EVF4CHe Electronic Viewfinder with HDMI Input, Loop Out offers an eyepiece view or an LCD view. The eyepiece/optical loupe can flip up out of the way, or detached completely. Together with the 3.2″ LCD, a built-in adjustable diopter and removable extension frame allows you to use the EVF even without having perfect eyesight.
The HDMI input and loop-through HDMI output allows you to feed the EVF. As a result, you can send the unmodified signal downstream to an optional director’s viewfinder, video village, or other display. The EVF also supports a variety of focus and exposure tools, including two forms of peaking, false color, crop guide, pixel-to-pixel mapping, and image flip. Also included are a headphone jack and built-in speaker, allowing you to monitor audio. Additionally, a 1/4″-20 threaded mounting hole allows you to mount the EVF to your camera using optional articulating arms. The EVF4CHE can be powered by optional Cannon LP-E6 batteries. Alternatively, an optional external power supply can power the device. There is also a USB port for firmware updates.
Cineroid EVF4CHe Electronic Viewfinder Features:
- Peaking highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image with a color outline. The EVF4CHE features two modes: red mode highlights the in focus areas in red, while the sharpness mode outlines in white.
- Clip Guide
- There are three clip guide modes, color, zebra and both in combination. For example, color mode provides a colored wash to overexposed areas. Similarly, zebra can set to fixed or moving lines and can display at 3, 5, 8, 11% above or below the trigger point.
- False Color
- The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
- Crop Guide
- Darkens portions of the viewing area to help frame a shot in accordance with what it will look like when later cropped to be viewed in different aspect ratios.
- Pixel to Pixel Mapping
- You can also use 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping. which looks at sections of your image without any scaling, allowing you to see the actual detail and not scaling artifacts.
- Monochrome (Black and White)
- Displays an image in grayscale.
- Audio Level
- Displays on screen the audio levels captured. (A speaker and headphone jack are also available for monitoring captured audio.)
- Screen Flip
- Rotates an image in various ways to support different vertical and horizontal mounting options.
- Custom Keys
- The quick-access buttons of the EVF4CHe can program above features into shortcuts for quick access.
In The Box:
- Cineroid EVF4CHE Electronic Viewfinder with HDMI Input / Loop-Through Output
- Optical Loupe
- Extension Tube
- Mini Ball Head