Available at Birns and Sawyer, call us at 323-466-8211
- Interchangeable Rear Optical Assembly
- The EZ-1 30-90mm is designed with swappable rear optical elements so you can easily convert the lens from covering 3-perf Super 35 to full-frame/VistaVision. This design has many advantages over adding additional optical elements such as 2x extenders, as swapping the rear assembly allows the lens to maintain the same physical size and minimum operating distance, while losing only slightly more than a stop when going from Super 35 to full-frame coverage. Additionally, as the optics are designed to be part of the lens, and not just additional elements that blow up the image resolved by the lens, they match the optical quality of the lens and your image does not suffer from having to go through additional glass/air surfaces, which can degrade your image.
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts
- This lens ships with a PL mount; however, that mount can be swapped with available (not included) E or EF lens mounts.
- Losing only 1/10 of a stop within the lens, the EZ-2 is extremely efficient. The fast T2.0 maximum aperture in Super 35mm matches the maximum aperture of many standard prime lenses for Super 35mm. This allows you to light to a lower illumination level than would normally be required for many zooms, making for more consistent images as you may not have to relight the scene as is often the case when moving from primes to slower zoom lenses.
- Manual Lens Control Rings
- Featuring independent manual control rings for focus, iris, and zoom. Each control ring incorporates industry standard 0.8 lens gear teeth.
- 114mm Front Diameter
- The EZ-1 shares the same 114mm front common to the Angenieux OPTIMO lens series, allowing you to easily share matte boxes between the EZ-1 and the OPTIMO lenses.
- Temperature Stability
- The EZ series of lenses are designed and built to compensate for temperature drifts, which helps reduce the need to recollimate the lens.