EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount
Angenieux Cinema Lens Lineup Now in Stock at Birns and Sawyer. Call us at 323-466-8211 or email email@example.com
Angenieux’s EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount is a fast zoom for 3-perf Super 35mm sized sensors that has been designed from the ground up to utilize interchangeable rear optical assemblies. This allows you to use the same lens to cover Super 35 or Full-Frame/VistaVision-sized sensors by swapping out the rear optical assembly. In addition, the rear assemblies allow you to swap the lens mount from PL to Sony E or Canon EF.
The version of the lens ships with a PL mount and the Super 35 rear optical assembly. Set up as such it features a T2.0 aperture and focuses down to 2′ in front of the image plane, while weighing in at only 4.7 pounds. The 114mm front diameter of the lens is a common diameter compatible with cinema-style matte boxes. The lens features independent focus, iris, and zoom control rings with cinema standard gear teeth. A removable support foot can be repositioned for when you need to rotate your lens off of a standard mounting orientation.
- Interchangeable Rear Optical Assembly
- The EZ-1 30-90mm is designed with swappable rear optical elements so you can easily convert the lens from covering 3-perf Super 35 to full-frame/VistaVision. This design has many advantages over adding additional optical elements such as 2x extenders, as swapping the rear assembly allows the lens to maintain the same physical size and minimum operating distance, while losing only slightly more than a stop when going from Super 35 to full-frame coverage. Additionally, as the optics are designed to be part of the lens, and not just additional elements that blow up the image resolved by the lens, they match the optical quality of the lens and your image does not suffer from having to go through additional glass/air surfaces, which can degrade your image.
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts
- This lens ships with a PL mount; however, that mount can be swapped with available (not included) E or EF lens mounts.
- Losing only 1/10 of a stop within the lens, the EZ-2 is extremely efficient. The fast T2.0 maximum aperture in Super 35mm matches the maximum aperture of many standard prime lenses for Super 35mm. This allows you to light to a lower illumination level than would normally be required for many zooms, making for more consistent images as you may not have to relight the scene as is often the case when moving from primes to slower zoom lenses.
- Manual Lens Control Rings
- Featuring independent manual control rings for focus, iris, and zoom. Each control ring incorporates industry standard 0.8 lens gear teeth.
- 114mm Front Diameter
- The EZ-1 shares the same 114mm front common to the Angenieux OPTIMO lens series, allowing you to easily share matte boxes between the EZ-1 and the OPTIMO lenses.
- Temperature Stability
- The EZ series of lenses are designed and built to compensate for temperature drifts, which helps reduce the need to recollimate the lens.
EZ-1 Zoom Full-Frame Rear Lens-Group
The EZ-1 Zoom Full-Frame Rear Lens-Group from Angenieux converts the Angenieux EZ-1 PL-mount zoom lens for use with full frame or VistaVison cameras. This rear-element group converts the Angenieux EZ-1 Zoom’s focal length from 30-90mm to 45-135mm. The aperture of the lens changes from T2.0 (f/1.9) to T3.0 (f/2.8).